It’s not goodbye… we’re just pressing pause on holidays until 30 April.
And for now, we’re only taking new bookings for holidays starting from 5 June onwards
After a lot of thought and careful consideration, we have taken the difficult decision to close Gara Rock from 24 March until 30 April.
Our decision is based on the Government’s clear advice urging everyone to stay at home, for there to be no non-essential travel and for all restaurants, pubs and leisure facilities to close, while the UK comes together to control the spread of Coronavirus.
The following advice is for guests that booked directly with Gara Rock and Aria Resorts.
If you booked through a third party, such as Booking.com, or Secret Escapes etc, you’ll need to contact these providers in the first place as your booking contract is with them, rest assured we are all communicating with each other, but please start with your booking partner.
For guests booked to stay between now and 30 April:
We’re sorry if our reservations team haven't managed to speak to you about your stay yet. Your holiday booking is important to us and we’re currently dealing with a significant volume of calls. We are prioritising everyone booked to stay in the next seven days.
We will continue to prioritise our guests in this way so please continue to be patient, and we will keep you up to date here and by email as things change.
Your holiday booking and all monies paid are safe and secure. To be as flexible as we can, we are trying to allow you to let us know via our website your preferred option to either rebook or to have the monies transferred to a holiday credit voucher to rebook when you feel more able to. With that in mind we have some options for you to choose from:
- You can move your holiday booking to the same or similar dates in March and April 2021 for the same value as you paid this year, so there are no extra costs for you. Easter is earlier in 2021, this means if you were due to stay during the two-week school holidays, we’ll move your booking to the equivalent time in the Easter holidays in 2021. This also applies if you were staying just outside the peak school holidays this year, you’ll stay the week before or after the Easter holidays next year. To choose this option, please click here and fill in the form, we will do the rest and you will receive the new confirmation in the next couple of days.
- We provide you with a holiday credit voucher to the value of what you paid for your holiday. This means that you don’t have to choose your replacement holiday dates right at this moment, you are free to rebook your stay for any time up until 31 December 2021 but you need to book this by 31 December 2020 to get it in the diary. The credit will stay on your holiday account with us until you choose to rebook. To choose this option click here and fill in the form, we will do the rest and you will receive your voucher n in the next couple of days.
- If you’d rather rebook your holiday for another date in 2020, we will need to do this over the phone, but by all means, search for your preferred dates on the website first. If the date of this holiday is less than you paid, we’ll refund the difference back to you. If the value is higher then you’ll need to pay the outstanding balance. You’ll need to speak to our reservations team to do this or to discuss any other aspect of your booking. Please bear in mind that we wish to prioritise guests with an arrival date of seven days or less.
This is a challenging time for all and we understand they you’d like to get this sorted as quickly as possible but please bear with us. We do appreciate your patience during this difficult time.
For holidays from 1 May onwards, what should you do?
Currently, any guests arriving from 1 May your booking remains valid and our booking terms and conditions of your holiday apply. We ask you to please bear with us and keep an eye on this page and your emails and we’ll update you if the Government’s advice changes.
If you receive a letter reminding you that the balance of your holiday is due, please pay it in line with our booking terms and conditions as these are still valid for your booking,
Currently, the closure of Restaurants and Bars etc, was announced for just one month on 20th March, and the current travel restrictions have been put in place for three weeks from March 23rd, hence our decision to close until April 30th.
Please don’t call us yet and keep an eye on your email or our FAQs on a regular basis.
This isn’t the last you’ll hear from us as we’re anticipating further advice from the Government in the coming days, so keep an eye on this page and we’ll update you if anything changes as soon as we can.
We’d like to take this moment to say thank you for your support in these challenging times, stay safe and we hope to see you at one of our resorts soon.
Gara Rock and the team at Aria Resorts
Aria Resorts are following the guidelines and advise of Gov.UK and for the most up to date information please visit: gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
If you are impacted by this advice, have any symptoms of Coronavirus or have any concerns, please follow the guidelines of Gov.UK and please refer to our booking terms and conditions.
When visiting our resorts, we would ask all our guests and owners to take the following sensible Government advice:
- Washing hands regularly and use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, if soap and water are not available https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-to-wash-your-hands/
- Maintain good hygiene practices such as using tissues when coughing or sneezing and disposing of the tissue in a bin